September Moments

 Hello everyone! Here we are...halfway through September πŸ’›! September has been moving quickly! As I reflect over my September so far, I want to give you a peek into some moments I have experienced. I've learned in life not to take any moment for granted. Since I last blogged, it seems like so many people have passed away, whether from sickness or unexpected situations. My heart goes out to all as it's a reminder that no moment is promised (James 4:15), so we have to be grateful for the one we're in. My September started with supporting one of my sister friends at a Grieving with Faith workshop session she presented at. It was so powerful! It was also uplifting and helpful! Yes, I still grieve. Yes, I have moments when I cry and think about my loved ones I miss. Yes, I have moments when I smile and laugh thinking about the memories and conversations I had with my loved ones who are no longer here. Yes, grieving is an ongoing process. I learned so much and was reminded at the session that my journey is not like anyone else's, know who to talk to, have healthy coping strategies, and grieving and faith can co-exist. An acronym was giving to us that I think will encourage you as well: DEER 😊. It stands for drink your water, eat properly, exercise and rest and sleep well. I know those are all things I need to be reminded of constantly, especially when the days are busy! Then, the following day, my brother and I went to the movies to see the Looney Tunes movie. There were lots of laughs there as we are big Looney Tunes fans! The first Bible Club meeting of the school year happened a week and a half ago and it was wonderful! A great moment to encourage our youth and witness their excitement for God and His Word πŸ’™!! During the second weekend of this month, I supported another friend at a local weekend festival to help collect money for Operation Christmas Child. There were more laughs, encouragement and good times! This past week, I was recognized at the local School Board meeting along with other teachers for completing a literacy training. The journey started in April and was completed in August. We had in person sessions at school along with online components to complete. I praise God for reaching the goal! I'm grateful for the moment to celebrate an accomplishment! Today, I went to get my manicure/pedicure at the salon and it was wonderful 😊! I got a new manicure color today- yellow. I love it! It reminds me of sunshine πŸ’›. I always leave the salon feeling so good! It was a moment to be pampered 😊. So, I encourage you to take in the moments. I'm grateful for the moments I have had to spend with family and friends, be still, laugh, be encourage and encourage others, celebrate a milestone, be supported and support my people, cry when I need to, and be pampered 😊. September Moments πŸ’›! Love and blessings to all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded By Love

A Safe Place

Be Still