Let The Fun Continue...
Just like any season, we know summer will end soon. For those of us in education, our summer break has ended or will end very soon. When we look back over our summer, we may think about the fun times we had. I am so grateful for the fun times I had this summerπ. You may also look over your summer and think about all the memories you made. Who says the fun has to stop?! It may have to look a little different and can't be at 1pm on a Tuesday because of your work schedule. Yet, we can still make sure we are scheduling time for fun π. We can make sure we are still taking time to do things we enjoy and help us to stay healthy in all areas of our life. On my summer break, I started doing my walks first thing in the morning. I loved it- fresh air, sunshine and physical movement to start the day (especially on those hotter days before it got even hotter!). I also loved sitting on my porch in the morning and read my book. One morning, I even read and studied my Bible devotional outside, which was different as I normally have my spot in Momma's room to do that π. I can still enjoy those things even though the time may have to be different. The walk or indoor workout can be done after I get home to unwind from the workday. I can still do it in the mornings on weekends or on days I'm off. I can also read when I get home. I can still schedule things in my life that bring me joy π. I can still enjoy watching movies and spend time with friends and family. I can still have my manicure and pedicure days just like I have been. I have been loving those days! You can also still schedule things that bring you joy π. Didn't you hear?! Pampering yourself is still in style all seasons- fall, winter, spring, and summer π. Today, I want to encourage you to let the fun continue in all seasons. Let's continue to find ways to enjoy our me time and time with our people. Maybe it can't be the beach all the time, but it could be at the restaurant, paint night, fair, festival, hike, trail, day trip, movie theater (at home movie night is great too!!), "just because" gathering, or holiday event π. The fun doesn't have to stop because your break or summer season ends. Visiting new places and having new adventures doesn't have to stop. In the Bible, Proverbs 17:22 says, " A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." I know balancing life can be a lot! Trust me- I'm working on it daily. So, let's all do the best we can to find joy in the big and small things in life. What do you say?! Let the fun continue π. May God continue to bless you!
There should always be time to have fun and do something that makes you laugh or bring you joy!!!!
ReplyDelete