What's Going Right?

 Life always brings the unexpected. Some things may be good, while others may seem like an inconvenience. When the unexpected occurs, it can be easy sometimes to look at all the things that are going wrong or could be better. However, what about the things that are going right? Since I have last blogged, the unexpected has definitely happened in my life!! For example, the weekend right before school started, my cell phone died. Just out of nowhere as I was using it, the screen went black. When I tried to turn it back on, it only got as far as the start-up screen. Now, I did have the cell phone for 5 years, so it served me well and I loved its camera πŸ’š! So, I'm grateful for that. Now, I love my new phone features and camera. New isn't always bad 😊. My cell phone going out happened right after another household expense had to be taken care. Yet, I still had to remind myself in the midst of a trying end of August, I still had so much to thank God for! There were still things going right! Today, I want to encourage you to look at what's still going right in your life. Our lives are not going to be perfect, but there is something going right. The very fact that you can read this means you are alive and that's one thing to praise God for 😊. When my cell phone died all of a sudden, I did all of my saved text messages and a few pictures within those text messages. However, Google photos had backed up all the other photos! Praise God because you all know how much I love my photos! I was also able to keep my same cell phone number, and all my contacts were saved. Thank goodness for my brother's phone because his number had to be used at Verizon to get back in my phone to retrieve information! My contacts went way back and showed old contacts. It showed two of my people near and dear to my heart who are no longer here anymore- my Aunt Dollie and Aunt Ida Lee πŸ’œ. It showed them under calls I had with them when they were here. After sharing with my brother that their contacts showed, it was a bittersweet moment that Sunday afternoon as I deleted their contacts. I'm so grateful for every conversation and memory with them πŸ’œ. So, as I looked at all I was balancing to start a new school year, personal and social life and life itself, I still had to be thankful for all that's going right. Here are some highlights from August:

- I met my new group of students and families for the new school year 😊.

- I started my 6th year teaching 6th grade English Language Arts and completed two weeks of school with a great group of studentsπŸ’›.

-God provided with the unexpected household expenses that came along the way 😊!!

-I was able to support my amazing friend who had her Shoebox dedication and had an amazing day with family and friends πŸ’—πŸ’š!!!

-I was able to visit the nursing home residents 😊.

- God allowed me to preach my second sermon at my church on Youth Sunday- "Be The One" from Luke 17:11-19 πŸ’š.

-I read 4 books in August 😊!

-I got my manicure and pedicure at the salon at the end of the first week of school πŸ’πŸ˜Š.

Praise God for the new month of September! I'm a witness that even when it feels like everything inconvenient and unexpected is happening at once, God's still got you and there's always still something to be grateful for. Keep looking for what's going right! Love and blessings to all πŸ’! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded By Love

Your Circle Matters

A Safe Place